3.08.2006

not quite two months

So it's been only a couple days, and I've returned for more. Not so much because I couldn't get enough, but more because I've gotten enough of the studying. Another exam tomorrow, so what better way to spend my time than writing another lame post? Especially since I've told no one about this blog yet. I'm literally talking to no one. I could say anything.

Monkey spleen goat cheese, car chase bounced check table leg conflagration. Corn on the cob.

Wow. I just said conflagration. That's a big word. I didn't know I had any of those left... See, what's interesting about that is that most people in free writing actually form sentences and thoughts and such, whether they meant to or not. The best I could come up with was "goat cheese" and a big fire. Speaking of big fires, Jon and I (get used to the character Jon, he's probably gonna be more of a main character in these little writings than I myself) went to this bar called The Last Lap yesterday after school on what seemed to be a wild goose chase. Turns out, it wasn't a wild goose chase at all, but rather a domesticated lobster chase. This bar, and I have no idea who thought of this or developed it, but this bar had a claw-game or crane-game or whatever you call one of these with actual live lobsters in it. The entire game was underwater so these tricky little devils could swim out of the claw before we could get them out of the water and into the prize chute. Challenge you say? No challenge to great for Brown and Tweed! Though Jon did most of the hunting. It's in his blood.
Granted that a lobster straight off the menu only cost $22, and at two dollars a round for somewhere around 20 game plays, we may have been better off monetarily to just buy it outright. But as far as pride, thrill of the hunt, and carnal satisfaction are concerned? We spent next to nothing to feast on the our winnings. Kings of the Crustacean world, we made sure the four remaining lobsters in the tank could see us dine upon their brethren, and know that someday we would return. And we would victoriously taste lobster again. And if we learned anything, we would spend much less.

-Edit to Original Post-

As fate would have it, it turns out that this bar was just trying to get on the "everything Asian is cool" bandwagon. These live lobster claw games ar apparently all the rage in Chinese supermarkets. Come on, guys. Seriously.

How is it that China gets all the cool stuff?

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I don't even know what to say, I just wanted to be the first person to comment on your blog. Why? B/c of skittles, pirates, and a lobster named Bob!

...speaking of lobsters, I was in the pet store today and they had this awesome parrot! And it made me think of you, being a pirate and all. So i've decided you need to get a parrot and name it Pirate Bob. It all makes perfectly good sense when you put it all together. Seriously.

3/09/2006 12:42 AM  
Blogger Dave LaGory said...

Congratulations, Shannon! you're now my bestest friend ever. Next time I see you, you get a lollipop. Or a cookie. Or both. I guess it all depends on how lucky you are!

P.S.~ Did you buy the parrot? There's this woman at work who always repeats everything you end a sentence with in this shrill, uber-annoying voice. I try to end as many sentences as possible with the word "cracker" in hopes that she'll repeat it like a parrot, but that seems to be the one word she's immune to.

3/09/2006 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home