1.10.2010

Posting is hard.

There are just some days when remembering to post doesn't happen. And then there are days when I remember to post, but have yet to do anything that might qualify as a completed project. Am I lazy? Early Alzheimer's? Could it be a dreadful combination of either?

Nah, I'm probably drunk; my Completed Project from two days ago was drinking beer. To clarify, I had on record drank over 111 different kinds of beer at one restaurant. Because of this, I get a T-shirt, a Sweatshirt with my name on it (I chose to have "Simon's Drawrings" embroidered on it. This is proof that sobriety had nothing to do with my feat.), my own personal mug at the restaurant complete with discounts on beers, and my name engraved on a plaque to prove to all of the other patrons that I am, in fact, destined for a trailer park and a stained tank top. Won't my kids be proud?

Yesterday's project was a little bit better. And a little bit more pathetic. I shoveled the walk. That's about all I did, all day long. Granted I did other things during the day, but breathing and going to get a pizza hardly count for projects. Unless I ate the whole large on my own. That would certainly be a difficult task if ever there were one! And undertake it I would if it weren't for the training I'd have to put myself through to fit that much food in my stomach at once. I'd really like to shed some of this newlywed weight.

Today I finally took our tree down. That rat bastard has caused me so much pain that getting rid of it it was like telling your ex-boyfriend to stop comin' by for booty calls. There were points when I had so many needles sticking out of my back and shoulders that I just had to stop and laugh at how much I looked like Pinhead. Anyway, it took about a half hour to de-light the tree and get it out of the house, but the whole project dragged on for well over three hours. I had to move furniture out of the way, roll up the rug, and then when I had the lights off and the tree out, the real fun started.


This picture just does no do justice for the shear amount of needles that there were on the floor. That pile is inches thick. They filled at least a fourth of our 38 liter trash can. That's about 4-5 2-liters of Soda. Ridiculous. And after I got that pokey mess all cleaned up I mopped and blah blah blah. Long story short, one more project down.

And now for the Clip of the Day. Enjoy, and Just give up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Will said...

It was great to see your RSS resurrected a little while ago. I'm more or less a house husband myself these days, so it's good to read from a fellow traveler of Ye Olde Hillsdale stock. Posting may be hard, but posts get read.

Also, shoveling the walk is as fine a project as any. There have been my share of days where I pat myself on the back for doing 6 dishes and taking a shower before 5pm.

Finally: Fake trees were invented for a reason.

1/11/2010 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home