4.02.2006

Coca-Cola Vlassic.

That's a new combination that I'd like to try. Coke with pickles and/or pickle juice. It's like a match made in Heaven. Which really begs the question, just what kind of matches do they make in Heaven? I'd imagine blue-tip. But then, I bet angels just think about it for a second and the lantern/incense/birthday candles are already lit. So I guess the answer is none?

School. How does it do this to me? Here I am spending an entire two weeks hating it more and more, missing more and more class, doing less and less homework (to the extent that I have to do homework from January till now by Tuesday or I really take a hit in lab), and then it goes and gets me all excited and into it again. Thanks, school, could have used that like two exams ago, Buddy. Oh, and in the background at the time the song lyrics were saying "Count it a blessing that you're such a failure, or your second chance might never have come." Ouch. But seriously. All I could think about until like 20 minutes ago was how I could drop out and escape to Mexico and no one would know better, and then I get into photosynthetic and catabolic pathways and then further into cell division and genetics and the like. And all of a sudden, I'm thinking to myself, "Holy crap, this $#!^ is so cool." Excuse the French, but I mean, it was one of those times where it just flippin' necessary. I guess it's a good thing that when I'm at my lowest with school, it just reminds me how completely bad-ass the stuff I'm "learning" (reading about non-retentively) really is. Think about it. We all came from a single cell that contained a few strands of molecules that were organized just right to tell that cell how to make us. I'd like to invent the drop of Coke that could synthesize itself into a swimming pool of deliciousness, complete with ice, diving board, and creepy scantily clad uncle. 'Cause that's what this stuff is like. Seriously. Wow.

Wait, scratch that. That self-replicating Coke stuff would be lame. Now, Coca-Cola Vlassic, that's an invention.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, not to get all centimental on you...but THATS JUST HOW AWESOME GOD IS!...that he can make all that crap happen! Isn't that just soooo amazing!?!?!? And I'm sure that you, being the cool scientist that you are, can realize this even more than I can! What a sweeeeet job you have!
anyways....
yeah, God is the bombest of all bombs. ...just ask shannon.

4/03/2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That's affirmative! God is the bombest of all bombs!

4/03/2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger daniel said...

You mean something like:

Album: Jesus Hits Like the Atom Bomb
Artist: Tripping Daisies

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000009EAN/002-5363950-1136830?v=glance&n=5174

4/05/2006 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well....not exactly. but evidently i should further research this group!
#1, it is extremely inexpensive! and #2, this album has recieved outstanding ratings!
so, we'll see.
....(you guys and your weird music.) ;)

4/05/2006 10:36 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Maybe the Tripping Daisies would like to name the next album: God is the Bombest of all Bombs! Wouldn't that be cool and then Kristi and I would recieve a share in the profit of course, b/c we coined that phrase.

(Kristi we need to get on that!...
Weird music = lotsa money) ;)

4/06/2006 2:14 AM  
Blogger Dave LaGory said...

Don't freak out Dan, but I totally already own that album. Good album, too. Good band.

4/09/2006 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home